Tara Flannery is a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) based in The Woodlands and Conroe, TX. Tara Flannery Photography specializes in family portraits and can help with what to wear for family portraits. See more family photos in the gallery. Contact me to book your family portrait today!
What to wear for family portraits
Planning for the annual family portrait session can be stressful! But it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips for coordinating what to wear for family portraits.
- Plan ahead. Give yourself plenty of time to coordinate outfits – enough time to run to the store in case you are missing something.
- Start with the person with the fewest wardrobe options. Or start with one piece that you absolutely love and coordinate everyone else.
- From the piece that you selected, build everyone else’s wardrobe. Pick 2-3 coordinating colors and keep in mind that neutrals like khaki, white, black, and grey (and sometimes blue jeans) go with everything. Use bold colors as accents. Try not to put everyone in the same color (i.e. jeans and black shirts) but coordinate a couple of colors instead with the neutrals.
- Layers and texture are good.
- Lay everyone’s outfits out so that you can see what they look like together. And don’t forget the socks and shoes…put those out too so everyone is completely ready.
These tips will help reduce the stress when it’s time for the actual session. If everyone’s outfits are set aside and ready to go, there’s no stress about what to wear! Win!
Here is a link to my Pinterest page for more ideas on WHAT TO WEAR FOR FAMILY PORTRAITS.
Family Portraits for the Caldwells
The Caldwells had a beautiful family portrait session at their home in The Woodlands. Their outfits are coordinated with the dark blue and a splash of red for color. We started at the front steps which gave us a perfect spot to arrange the family, including grandma! I love that she was included in the family portraits. I love even more that we got some pictures of the kids with grandma. Then we moved out to the beautiful green yard. Again, it was a perfect backdrop for their family portraits. Finally, we ended the session at the street in front of the garden. The sun was shining through the trees and provided a gorgeous backlight to the images. I’m so glad we captured these special family portraits! All my best Caldwell family.
Tara Flannery is a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) based in The Woodlands and Conroe, TX. Tara Flannery Photography specializes in family portraits. See more family photos in the gallery. Contact me to book your family portrait today!