Tara Flannery is a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) based in The Woodlands and Conroe, TX. Tara Flannery Photography specializes in event photography and knows the questions for your event photographer. See more event photography in the gallery. Contact me to book your event today!
Questions for your Event Photographer
Planning a major event is a lot of work! When the event arrives, you want to enjoy the event and not worry about taking pictures. Enjoy your guests and the event that you’ve worked so hard to create! Hire a professional photographer to capture all of the tiny details, the laughter, the emotion, and the connections. Choosing the right photographer is simply a matter of asking the right questions. So what are those questions for your event photographer?
- How long has the photographer been in business? And are they operating a legitimate business with a sales tax ID, etc.? Having experience with event photography and owning a legitimate business are important factors in this decision.
- What credentials does the photographer have? Do they belong to any professional associations like the Professional Photographers of America (PPA)? What degrees do they have relating to photography? Photographers who are members of professional organizations typically have a code of ethics and standards to follow as professionals.
- Does the photographer have backup equipment? Backup equipment is a must!!
- Will the photographer that owns the business be photographing the event or will it be an associate? It is important to know the photographer and their representative work that you’re hiring.
- What is the turnaround time for delivery of images? It’s best to know and set expectations before the event.
- Are the images edited or retouched? Again, set expectations since each photographer has his or her own process for events. You don’t want to find out after the event that editing is an extra fee.
Event Photography for the NAM Gala
I have photographed the Northwest Assistance Ministries (NAM) Gala for the past couple of years. NAM provides many different services for the Spring, TX community for those needing assistance. They provide food, shelter, education, health care services, day care services, and much more. I have worked with NAM on many projects over the years and I’m so grateful for the services that they provide. I was particularly moved this year during the gala when everyone paused for a moment to make donations for the Meals on Wheels program. There are people on the waiting list for this service who do not have enough food. Just the memory of watching the donations flood in brings tears to my eyes! NAM is all about neighbors helping neighbors and that’s exactly what they did!
Tara Flannery is a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) based in The Woodlands and Conroe, TX. Tara Flannery Photography specializes in event photography. See more event photography in the gallery. Contact me to book your event today!