Tara Flannery is a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) and Craftsman based in Houston, TX. Tara Flannery Photography specializes in professional headshots and can give you 5 tips for preparing for a business headshot. See more headshots in the gallery. Contact me to book your professional headshot today!
5 Tips for Preparing for a Business Headshot
There are a few things to consider when preparing for your business headshot session. Here are a some tips to help you prepare!
- WARDROBE: Consider your industry and position. Are you trying to get that next promotion? If so, dress like the next level up. Want to appear professional yet approachable? Consider a jacket with no tie. Own a small business? Consider your brand colors and coordinate so that your look is cohesive. Wardrobe is the single most important thing to consider for your headshot session.
- LOCATION: A headshot can take place in the studio, outdoors, or in your office. Each has a very different look and feel. The studio shot is a classic and can be matched with existing headshots for a company. An environmental headshot gives the viewer a little more about you – the place where you work. An outdoor headshot can be professional but open and flexible.
- HAIR AND MAKEUP: I highly recommend hair and makeup services for women (and sometimes for men). My hair and makeup artists are skilled at applying makeup for studio lighting. A professional HMU artist knows the difference between a nighttime glamour look and a business portrait look. You’ll feel beautiful and confident knowing that hair and makeup is perfect! Just show up to your session with a clean face and hair and your wardrobe.
- SKIN AND NAILS: Sometimes nails show up in a headshot portrait. Be sure that they are manicured. Ladies, if you have nail color, make sure it’s business-appropriate. Men and women, be sure that skin is hydrated.
- RELAX: After all of this preparation and planning, it’s hard to relax for your headshot, but do! Your professional photographer will guide you in wardrobe, posing, and expression to provide the very best you that you can be. Take a deep breath and just be in the moment. Your headshot will reflect the real you.
Talk to your photographer ahead of time and go over these details. Then you’ll both have a great plan for your headshot session!
Recent Headshot Examples
From studio sessions to outdoor sessions and everything in between, we can help create your vision of your next headshot! I can’t wait to see what we create next.
Tara Flannery is a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) and Craftsman based in Houston, TX. Tara Flannery Photography specializes in corporate headshots. See more headshots in the gallery. Contact me to book your professional headshot today!