Tara Flannery is a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) based in The Woodlands and Conroe, TX. Tara Flannery Photography specializes in senior portraits and can help with senior photography tips. See more senior photos in the gallery. Contact me to book your senior portrait today!
Senior Photography Tips
Want to make your senior photography session great? Here are a few tips to keep in mind when planning for your session:
- Plan outfits with your photographer. I like to suggest starting with the most formal that you can go. For ladies, it might be a cute dress and for men, a suit if you can stand it. Don’t worry, we won’t be in it for long! Then, go for something fun that you absolutely love. Finally, I suggest ending the session with the most casual outfit – jeans and a t-shirt or college shirt.
- Think about locations. What locations have meaning for you? Imagine you’re a track runner and love it, let’s get some images on the track. Or you love nature and everything green, then let’s utilize the myriad of choices for greenery in The Woodlands! If you prefer a more urban look, we can do that too.
- For session day, make sure everything is clean, pressed, and manicured. Nails to shoes…everything matters so make sure it all looks good!
- Bring mom or a friend or both! I love to have someone at the session who can help with wardrobe changes and to check for hair and outfits during the session.
- Bring props if that’s your thing! If you play and instrument, have your cap and gown, play baseball, or football, or cross-stitch, bring them along. These little things are reminders of who you are right now. They don’t have to define your life but they are an important part of you.
Session with Lauren
We had a great time tromping around Old Town Spring for Lauren’s session. It was really hot but so much fun with so many options for photos! Lauren had planned her outfits and had suggested the location. Lauren is a planner and was ready to go! I love that. She knew exactly what she wanted. She started the session in an adorable romper and then changed into her black pants and red crop top. I absolutely love the images with her red top and the red building. Color speaks loudly in images and directs your attention. Those images say just the right thing!
HMU: Linna Rowell
Tara Flannery is a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) based in The Woodlands and Conroe, TX. Tara Flannery Photography specializes in senior portraits. See more senior photos in the gallery. Contact me to book your senior portrait today!