Tara Flannery is a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) based in The Woodlands and Conroe, TX. Tara Flannery Photography specializes in corporate headshots and can help with how to prepare for company headshots. See more headshots in the gallery. Contact me to book your professional headshot today!
How to prepare for company headshots
You’ve decided to do company headshots for your website or other marketing materials and the photographer is booked. Now you’ll need to prepare everyone for the company headshots. With Tara Flannery Photography, we will help you every step of the way. We will first discuss location and backgrounds to compliment your company colors and style. We also provide a welcome magazine that has lots of great tips and information about preparing for the company headshot session. Here are a few things to keep in mind for the people taking headshots.
- For wardrobe, start with what you wear to work every day. Stick with solid colors. And choose something professional yet complimentary to your profession.
- Make sure that your outfit fits and is clean and pressed. Especially with suits, they need to fit properly and are not too big or too small.
- Glasses – bring your glasses if you wear them all the time. They become part of what you look like. I have a few tricks to help minimize glare.
- Makeup – wear a little more than normal but stick with the colors that you wear on a daily basis.
- Retouching – all of my headshots are retouched. We will select the very best images for editing and post processing. Don’t worry about blemishes, stray hairs, etc.
See my Pinterest page for more ideas on WHAT TO WEAR FOR COMPANY HEADSHOTS.
Headshots for Houston Inspections
Shawn contacted me about company headshots for Houston Inspections. He was having a meeting with his entire team at The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce. Great! I’m a member and know exactly how to set up for headshots. The company website is mostly white with blue accents. Since the headshots were going on the website, I recommended a white background to make a clean headshot on the page. Everyone wore a blue company polo shirt which will perfectly coordinate with the website colors. It’s so important to think and plan for these things ahead of time. The end result can be fantastic with a little bit of planning. Oh, and the team also happens to be mostly comprised of firefighters as well. Did I mention that I love my job??
Tara Flannery is a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) based in The Woodlands and Conroe, TX. Tara Flannery Photography specializes in corporate headshots. See more headshots in the gallery. Contact me to book your professional headshot today!